ACT treats addiction to opioid drugs. Physician visits are covered by OHIP. No waiting list. No fees to join. Many locations. Click for more info.
Montgomery Pharmacy partnered with ACT Clinic to help you or a loved one overcome opioid addiction
Opioids are a class of medications that are primarily given to treat severe pain. If abused, they can create short term feelings of intense pleasure or euphoria, with a high risk of fatality. Opioids include illicit drugs, such as heroin, as well as prescription medications such as:
- Oxycodone (e.g., OxyContin or OxyNeo)
- Hydromorphone (e.g., Dilaudid)
- Hydrocodone (e.g., Tussionex)
- Meperidine (e.g., Demerol)
- Fentanyl (Duragesic Patch)
What are the signs & symptoms of opioid addiction? Adapted from Center for Addiction & Mental Health (www.camh.ca)
- needing to take more of the drug to get the same effect
- persistently wanting to quit, or trying unsuccessfully to quit
- spending a lot of time and effort to obtain, use and recover from opioids
- continuing to use opioids despite negative consequences
- crushing, snorting, smoking or injecting opioids
- running out of prescription medications early
- accessing two or more physicians for prescriptions
- escalating use
- buying opioids on the street
- showing signs of opioid intoxication (e.g., nodding off, pinpoint pupils)
- feeling ill (withdrawal) when the use of opioids suddenly stops
- experiencing cravings to use
- making the use of drugs a priority over family, work and other important obligations.
We have partnered with a great team of doctors who have had great results of helping people overcome addiction. Addiction Center Toronto (ACT) has a great program that will help you or a loved one with over 50% of their patients becoming clean in the first 6 to 8 weeks of treatment.
Visit our pharmacy or call us at (289)-389-7773 for more information