Opioids are highly addictive prescription drugs that include fentanyl, hydrocodone, and morphine. Otherwise known as opioid painkillers, they are effective in alleviating pain when taken as prescribed by a physician. However, it’s effects can lead to dependence which leads to addiction and abuse.
Considering Canada is the second-largest consumer of prescription opioids, addiction is common. Fortunately, addiction treatment in Ontario, Canada is available to guide individuals with an opioid abuse problem. To identify if a loved one is addicted to opioid painkillers, here are several warning signs you should look out for:
- Loss of interest in hobbies and activities
- An erratic schedule which leads to missing school or work and other important appointments
- Frequent mood swings accompanied by an inconsistent sleeping schedule
- Withdrawal from friends and family and mixing with different groups of people
- Poor personal hygiene and eating habits
What should I do if a loved one is addicted?
The best course of action is to seek help from a reputable addiction center in Hamilton. Talk to your loved one to discuss their treatment options and provide your support to help them get through this difficult period.
Montgomery Pharmacy is a family-owned pharmacy in Hamilton, Canada. In addition to providing high-quality medical supplies and pharmacy services, we also provide opioid addiction services. Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can help you or a loved one in need.